WIN 1 OF 10 $50 PREZZY® CARDS
Preparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 105
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large brown onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 kg pork mince
250 ml (1 cup) Campbell’s Real Stock - Chicken
700 g jar tomato passata sauce
1 medium eggplant (500g), thinly sliced, into rounds
Olive oil cooking spray
220 g bocconcini, drained, thinly sliced
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
Fresh oregano leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160ᵒC fan-forced. Grease a 10 cup capacity, 8cm deep, 20cm base, round oven proof dish.
2. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 10 minutes or until browned.
3. Add Campbell’s Real Stock and passata. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
4. Meanwhile, heat a fry- pan over medium- high heat. Spray both sides of eggplant pieces with oil. Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a large plate.
5. Spoon 1/3 of the mince mixture over the base of the prepared dish. Top with 1/3 of the eggplant and 1/3 of the bocconcini. Repeat 2 more times. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake, uncovered, for a further 40 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Serve.