Preparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 26
- 500ml (2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock- Beef
- 1 slice bread
- 500g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs thyme, chopped
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 very large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tasty grated cheese
- 6 long bread rolls (sub style)
- In a medium sized bowl, soak bread in ½ cup Campbell’s Real Stock, reserving the other 1 ½ cups stock.
- In a large bowl combine beef mince, egg, thyme, parsley, garlic and soaked bread and stock mixture. Roll mixture into balls using approximately 1 tbs of mixture per ball.
- In a deep non-stick frypan, cook meatballs in batches for 5 minutes or until browned all over, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to frypan and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized, then add flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add remaining 1 ½ cups of Campbell’s Real stock and bring to a boil. Return meatballs to pan and add capsicum, simmer covered for 8 minutes.
- Serve on a sub style roll with grated tasty cheese.